1. Being 96% water, cucumbers are great for keeping you hydrated.
2. Cucumbers relieve heartburn and hot skin after sunburns or just spending the day in the sun. They are also full of skin-lavishing minerals like magnesium, potassium and silicon, and are used in spa treatments all the time for this reason.
3. They flush out toxins effectively, and may even help dissolve kidney stones.
4. Cucumbers are full of antioxidants – especially vitamins A, B, and C that boost immunity and give you more energy when you are feeling lethargic.
5. Cucumbers can help you lose weight by offering great nutrition and high-water content.
6. Slices of cucumbers on the eyes can reduce puffiness and redness.
7. Several studies show that compounds in cucumbers help to fight cancer.
8. They stabilize blood pressure.
9. They refresh the mouth and gums, while even healing diseased gums.
10. Cucumbers aid in digestion due to their fiber and water content.
11. Silica is great for the hair, nails and skin – so cucumbers are a beautifying food.
12. Cucumbers can soothe joint pain due to their high levels of antioxidants.